TIBETAN BRIDGE OF CANILLO
TIBETAN BRIDGE OF CANILLO
Canillo inaugurates this spring the Tibetan Bridge of Canillo, one of the most impressive innovations in the Pyrenees in terms of tourist attractions. The impressive minimalist structure is located in the valley named Vall del Riu at more than 1,875m altitude and is one of the longest in the world with a length of 603 meters, a width of one meter and up to 158 dizzying meters high with respect to the ground. This unique pedestrian bridge is located in one of the most spectacular natural places in the Principality of Andorra. To visit the Tibetan Bridge of Canillo you must purchase the ticket via Canillo Tibetan Bridge or at the Tourist Office of Canillo.
Access to the Tibetan Bridge of Canillo can only be made by bus from the village of Canillo or from the car park of the Roc del Quer Viewpoint. With the purchase of the ticket to the Tibetan Bridge of Canillo or the pack Tibetan Bridge of Canillo + Roc del Quer Viewpoint, the transport by bus is free.
From the Tibetan Bridge bus stop to the start of the Bridge, you have to walk along a 900-meter-long path with unbeatable views of the central valley of the Parish of Canillo and the mountains where the ski slopes of Grandvalira are located.
RULES OF USE
- Exclusive use for pedestrians
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- People who are afraid of heights and get dizzy should avoid crossing the Tibetan Bridge
- The passage of strollers, prams, wheelchairs and other items that may obstruct the passage of pedestrians is prohibited
- The passage of motorcycles, bicycles or other personal mobility vehicles is prohibited
- No animals allowed
- It is forbidden to throw objects from the bridge
- It is forbidden to cross and climb on the railings (handrail)
- It is forbidden to go over the cables
- It is forbidden to lean on the handrail gratings to the floor
- It is forbidden to make fire and smoke on the bridge and its surroundings
- It is forbidden to mount, install or tie elements external to the structure
- It is forbidden to sit on the bridge
- The passage along the bridge cannot be obstructed
The Tibetan Bridge of Canillo is located at the end of the path of L’Armiana, at the entrance of the natural place of the Vall del Riu, at an altitude of 1,875 m.
Access to the Tibetan Bridge of Canillo can only be made by bus from the village of Canillo or from the car park of the Roc del Quer Viewpoint.
Once the bus arrives in Montaup, the path on foot to the Tibetan Bridge is 900 meters long with unbeatable views of the central valley of the Parish of Canillo and the mountains where the ski slopes of Grandvalira are located.
You need to keep in mind the following recommendations, as we are in a high mountain environment:
- Environment of great natural wealth. Respect flora and fauna
- Changing weather
- Clothing and footwear suitable for a mountain environment
- Caution along the way (ravine areas not delimited at some points)
- The whole road is two-way, as is the Tibetan Bridge of Canillo, sharing the same route all pedestrians
CONSTRUCTION OF THE TIBETAN BRIDGE OF CANILLO
ROC DEL QUER VIEWPOINT
ROC DEL QUER VIEWPOINT
The Roc del Quer Viewpoint is one of the places you will never forget. Panoramic views that are etched in the retina forever and, in this case, are much more than that: enjoy the full experience of being suspended in the air, as if the Pyrenees were embracing you. This viewpoint has already become one of the most famous places in Andorra. You cannot miss it!
The Roc del Quer Viewpoint is actually a 20-meter-long walkway. 8 of the 20 meters sit on the mainland, but the other 12 go into the panorama itself: this part of the walkway consists of a projection suspended in the air, so it will make you believe that you are floating and flying. Much of the pavement is clear glass, highlighting the feeling of height and suspension.
HOW DO YOU GET TO THE VIEWPOINT?
Although it is not at the foot of the road, getting to the viewpoint is easy. After taking the road of Montaup, at km 6.5, you will find a large parking area on the left. From here, the viewpoint path is a few steps away.
PARISH OF CANILLO
Canillo, one of the high parishes of Andorra, is a contemporary and mountain tourist destination of quality and tranquility. The valleys of Canillo, a preserved environment and places of great beauty that invite you to enjoy the best active experiences in nature. Soldeu, El Tarter and Canillo, gateways to Grandvalira, the largest ski area in the Pyrenees and the widest range of winter and summer activities in the country. Lakes, rivers and ponds. Lands of contrasts.
Modernity and tradition. Nearby mountains and valleys that are shaped by the environment. Dive into its nature and discover its mountain villages. The parish of Canillo, birthplace of Our Lady of Meritxell, Patroness of Andorra, and the villages of Canillo, Soldeu, Sant Pere del Tarter, L'Aldosa, Ransol, Els Plans, Meritxell, El Vilar, L'Armiana, Incles, Prats, Bordes d'Envalira and Molleres.
CANILLO TIBETAN BRIDGE / ROC DEL QUER VIEWPOINT
Opening: from June 8 to November 30, 2022
- June and July: 10 am to 6 pm
- August / until September 11 : From 10 am to 6 pm
- From September 12 to September 30 : From 11 am to 6 pm
- October and November : From 11 am to 5 pm
TIBETAN BRIDGE - ROC DEL QUER
Here you will find all the information on bus schedules for the whole summer.